twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Monday, September 10, 2012

31DC2012: Day 10 - Gradient

First of all I want to thank you, I have over 40 followers on my blog now! :) I never even expected to have 10 followers, so it's cool to have 40 people who read my blog! :D Thanks so so much for following me!

As you'll see from the post title, today's 31 Day Challenge theme is gradient. I have been dying to try a gradient manicure for ages! But I didn't think I'd do a good job so I just didn't... until now! :) I showed you a rainbow gradient for yesterday's challenge theme and I have another one today!


For this mani I used the following polishes:
  • Revlon - Lily, a pretty pale lilac creme
  • OPI - Do You Lilac It, similar to Revlon - Lily, but dustier/darker
  • Rimmel - Pompous, a dark purple shimmer


I used many tips from tutorials I've seen for this look. MissJenFabulous (Polish and Pearls is her blog) on youtube has a good gradient tutorial (and many other awesome ones!) and also The Nailasaurus has another great one!
I don't like to wear purples that much but in a gradient I like it a lot more! :) I really like gradients and I'd love to do more of them! I'm really really happy with how it turned out!

I also took these photos before I filed my nails down, which is why they might look longer here than my previous post!

Hope you enjoyed this short, sweet post!

Elissa


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning I love the colour combo's you have used :D

Elissa Vaughan said...

@Joanne ProctorThank you so much Joanne!

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous gradient! The colors and the technique were so perfect. I'm also envious of your gorgeous long nails.

Elissa Vaughan said...

@Rebecca
Thanks Rebecca! But you don't need to be jealous because they are SUPER short now. :( You'll see them in my next post. haha.

Elissa

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com