twit photo twitter_zps2c090e65.png facebook photo facebook_zps09d94e62.png mail photo mail_zpsf04fac82.png ig photo instagram_zps369f8a48.png yt photo youtube_zps2b63032c.png bloglovin photo bloglovin_zps8ed3b808.png

Followers

BlogLovin

Follow Lissas Polish Addiction

Instagram

Monday, December 10, 2012

The Liebster Award!

Hello my lovelies! :)
The lovely Teneil (Shades of Phoenix) nominated me for the Liebster Award! If you've followed me for a while (since August to be exact), you'll know I've already been nominated a fair few times (thank you to everyone who nominated me! *hugs*) and done this post before but I really wanted to do it again because my friend Teneil nominated me! :)

"The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I have a tendency to Google everything so I just had to look up what Liebster meant. Liebster is the German word for sweetheart, dearest, favorite, beloved. So I guess this is for your favorite new blog!"

Here's how it works:
  • The recipient must post 11 fun fact about themselves
  • The recipient must also answer 11 questions created by the award giver
  • The recipient must give the award to 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers and post 11 questions for them to answer
  • These 11 bloggers must be told they have been given the award
  • They will in turn pass the award to 11 new bloggers of their choice (no tagging back the award giver.
11 Facts About Me:
  • I have a kitty named Sooty. I've had him since I was 8. :) 
  • I've been afraid of big dogs since I was little. I'm not as afraid of them now but I still don't really like them. I desperately want a puppy though! A small dog would be perfect for me. :)
  • I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. I'm the oldest. My youngest sibling is 7 and a half years old.
  • I love superhero movies! Batman is my fave!
  • I have zero idea what I want to do in life. :/ When I finished high school I had no interest in further study, and still don't really.
  • I'm pretty shy/quiet. And also awkward. :( Kinda gets me down but I try not to let it get to me too much..
  • My all time favourite TV show is The OC. <3 One Tree Hill comes in close second. ;)
  • My #1 hobby is nail polish of course but I also really like crafty stuff! Lately I'm most into polymer clay. I sell some of my creations on Etsy! :) I also enjoy baking/cooking.
  • My favourite food is probably roast potatoes or pasta! And my least favourite foods are onions and the crunchy white part of lettuce. YUCK.
  • My thumbs are double jointed!
  • I have an awesome boyfriend who I've been with since I was 14 (I'm now nearly 20). I actually had a crush on him since I was 10, though. x) hehe.
Here are the 11 questions that Teneil set for me:
1. What was the first nail art trend that you tried?
Hmm.. I was very into nail art about a year and a half ago. I was obsessed with CutePolish on YouTube! I think the first nail art I tried was her Minnie Mouse nails. I used a bobby pin as my dotting tool and I didn't have a fast dry topcoat.
2. Do you have any bad habits?
Not that I can think of... I used to bite my nails sooo badly, though.
3. Do you allow others to touch, use or borrow any of your nail polish?
Not really. :P I'd probably let my best friends borrow my polish but no one else. I don't even let my sister borrow it! The rule is that I can use my polishes to do her nails for her, but she can't use them herself. LOL.
4. If you could invite one person over to do their nails (died or alive) who would it be and why?
Ooooooh I have no idea... If I could have someone over to do MY nails it'd be Suzi Weiss-Fischmann (OPI's Executive Vice President and Artistic Director - also her name is in a lot of OPI polishes haha) or Deborah Lippmann!
5. What is your BIGGEST lemming at this point in time & why haven't you got it?
Probably OPI Crown Me Already. I've wanted that for the longest time. I don't know why I haven't got it.. I've had a lot of opportunities to buy it. A Price Attack near me still stocks it even though it was limited edition, it does cost nearly $20 there though. I may buy it after Christmas. :)
6. What is your dream job?
To have my own nail polish company, or work for an existing nail polish company. *-*
7. What do you think is a comfortable length for your nails & what has been their longest?
A comfortable length for my nails is no more than about 4mm free edge. I used to love my nails long (see here or here) but I really prefer them to be short now. Short nails are much easier for me to maintain and I actually think they suit me more. :) The pictures of my long nails kinda freak me out now LOL.
8. How many times a week do you change your nails? Be honest!
Depending on whether I have a lot of stuff to swatch or if I'm participating in a challenge (right now I have a lot of things to swatch and am participating in a challenge), I will usually only do a full mani twice or three times a week and only leave it on for a day. Whenever I do complicated (or weird lol) nail art I'll only leave it on until I've photographed it and then it comes right off because I just don't like to wear nail art as my manicure unless it's simple. When I'm participating in challenges I'll be doing nail art every couple of days so I don't really bother with manicures since I'll just have to remove it. :(
9. Have you ever been a nail biter? If so, how and when did you stop?
Oh yes. I have. I was a really bad nail biter for as long as I can remember, I'd bite them until they bled. Pretty gross. I bit them up until my year 12 formal when I was 17. I got acrylic nails done for the formal and had them on for about a month, and after that, I never bit them again! I started to get caught up in the acrylic nails thing though and wore acrylics on and off for about another year so my nails were extremely weak and uneven until about April or May this year.
10. Describe your nail art style in three words
Glitter... Glitter. Glitter. LOL. I don't really know.. I don't do a whole lot of nail art unless I'm participating in challenges and I just do whatever the challenge prompt is.

Edit: I had this post scheduled to go up and then I got nominated by Anthea @ Nailed Obsession! So here are the questions she asked me:

1. What is your favourite current nail trend?
Probably half moon manis! They aren't SUPER popular right now but I'm just getting into them!
2. What (in your opinion) is the biggest nail faux pas ever?
Probably the caviar/fish egg manicure... I'm not a fan of the look because I like my nails to feel smooth lol. I'm touching my nails all day and if they don't feel smooth it makes me cringe!
3. Is there anything that you feel your collection of polish is lacking?
Good question! I think I'm lacking in indies. x) And holos!
4. If you were creating your own namesake polish, what would it look like?
OOOH. It would probably be something pastel. Probably a milky base filled with really girly coloured glitters! :D
5. You're not leaving the house today. Do you stay in the your pyjamas or get dressed?
Get dressed, but pretty daggy/comfy. :P
6. Favourite holiday and why?
Christmas! :) I just love this time of year! It's really exciting!
7. What is your computer/phone wallpaper a picture of?
My computer wallpaper is me and the amazing wonderful Delta Goodrem. <3 And my phone background is a photo of my brother and I at the Magic Cave with Santa in 1996.
8. Least favourite food?
ONIONS.
9. Top 5 nail polish brands?
OPI, China Glaze, Ulta3, Essence and Gloss n Sparkle!
10. Favourite mani that you've done this year?
Ooh that is so tough because I only got into polish this year, so all my manis were this year. LOL. Just off the top of my head, my half moon mani I did last week for the Aussie Christmas Challenge.
11. What was the last item that you bought (can be food, polish, clothing, anything!).
3 polishes and 2 tops yesterday. :)

I'm going to go against the rules and actually not nominate anyone for the Liebster Award because everyone I was going to nominate, has already been nominated! x) Sorry!
Thanks again Teneil for nominating me! Check out her blog and follow her if you're not already! She is so sweet and her nails are so pretty!

1 comments:

Teneil said...

Aw thanks for the awesome plug Elissa. And thanks for sharing :) Love it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your lovely comments! I'm sorry if I don't reply to your comment but I promise, I read every single one. ♥
Please refrain from leaving any links in the comments. If you would like me to check out your blog or have a question, please email me at lissaspolishaddiction@hotmail.com :)
-Elissa

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com